Friday, February 16, 2007


Here are my predictions and opinions about the Daytona 500. Not that it really matters. AJ is out Boris is in. I think they need to rethink this owners points deal that locks 35 cars into the 500. I know they want to reward teams that follow the whole series but maybe the 500 should be some fun like 4 or 5 heat races taking the top 10 in each. No gaurenteed starters (Kyle Petty). Michael Waltrip has a good starting spot after all is said and done. I hope he does well will the new team. He knows how to drive drafting tracks and thats all it takes. I don't know why Fox news (Sheppard Smith will be live at Daytona friday)is covering the story like its the biggest scandal to hit sports, but they are. 10 years ago it would have been a $10,000 fine. 20 years ago they probably would have slipped it past inspection.
Tony Stewart, Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson are the favorites I would say. It doesn't matter where Gordon starts the race I think he and Tony are the cars to beat. I don't think Montoya will do well due to some type of bad luck. He will be fast and upfront. I would like to see Harvick win. I think if there is winner that is not one of the four favorites I mentioned it will be a Dodge.
Mike Wallace will cause a big wreck as will Jeff Green, Reed Sorensen and David Stremme (sorry Chip). Kyle Petty, Dale Jarrett, Robby Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Ken Schrader will get knocked out of the race in the wrecks caused by those above mentioned.
Jerry Mayfield is the best driver/car that should be in the race but isn't.
Champ Car, ALMS, Rolex seaons will be going full time soon so none of the NASCAR stuff will matter.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Doing stuff like MWR did used to be part of NASCAR. However, I don't think MWR actually did anything wrong... NASCAR is facing some issues with ratings, they are supposed to be increasing, and they are not. Then Toyota shows up, gives NASCAR a bunch of money, NASCAR fans are mad. So NASCAR cashes the check from Toyota and then makes them the villain. They story makes the front page of every sports section in the country (Boston Globe, Herald, and Metro) for two days leading up to the race. Then Waltrip makes the race,does well, but NASCAR won't let him win this race. Michael Waltrip will win the first race for Toyota at the Pepsi 400. It will be very emotional, I can't wait. I wonder if AJA can get that deposit for his Jet back? Check out the 6 Hours at the Glen schedule, it's pretty packed.